Spring is in the air. Although there might be a couple of months still before the leaves on the trees will start to show up, it definately is time for some spring sewing planning. Of course, I´ve had my Springspiration board on Pinterest for months, so I am not completely unprepared.
As you might see from my blog design, hot pink is on my mind. Together with neutrals like chocolate brown, grayish blues, white and black, I am looking forward to a sleek looking spring. Of course, there will be some exceptions, like the crazy print dress I am making for Sew Dolly Clackett, or the bright yellow pencil skirt I am about to finish.
As some of you might have noticed from IG and Twitter, I have a crush on Lekala Patterns at the moment. Lekala is just bursting with fabulous patterns, and team that with their amazing pattern making skills, I will overlook the tedious PDF pattern assembling and the somewhat cryptic instructions, and just enjoy unique and perfectly fitted garments made just for me without worrying about FBA´s or other boring fitting issues.
I will also do a couple of indies, more specifically BHL´s Anna and probably some Deer & Doe. I love their new shorts, and would like to make another Plantain. Oh, and I would LOVE to make Sewaholic´s Gabriola. It really is the perfect maxi skirt.
I´ve recently been on a couple of trips to Paris and London, and stocked up on some excellent fabric, so I am all set on that front, maybe with the exception of some fun print for the Gabriola. I made a floaty maxi last year in a rayon, and would love to make another one in a different colorway.
So, the ideas for garments are:
- Floaty wide legged hot pink trousers. I bought the fabric last year, and might use a Burda pattern I already have, or possibly Vogue 8604 or Lekala 4024.
- Fitted grey jacket and dress. I have been watching a lot of Washington DC based series this winter and a sleek House of Cards-sih style wouldn´t be all wrong, in my opinion.
- I would love to use the Anna dress pattern for something like the black maxi you see below.
- A black suit would be cool. Maybe use a cotton sateen fabric, and a Lekala jacket pattern toghether with Named´s Jamie Jeans
- A chocolate brown short dress. Again from Lekala (I told you I was hooked).
- And maybe some fun skirts. Who knows?
As always with sewing plans, not all of these garments will see the light of day on this side of the summer. But I really don´t mind. I know some people get stressed out of realizing that not all plans will come to life. But I don´t bother worrying about that. I think that fantasy planning and actually finishing garments are equally fun!