This post is a wee bit late, but I didn´t have time until now to get somewhat decent pictures for this.
I have been finishing off some stuff I have wanted to make for a long time, and I have made some stuff just for the fun of it!
First and foremost: I have finally finished my swimsuit.
This was originally a part of the Summer Essentials Sew-Along. The first version of this turned out too small, as the fabric I used didn´t have the same stretch as my muslin. you live and learn!
The pattern for this is based on a pattern from patternschool.com. If you´re not familiar with this awesome page, and you´re interested in sewing with stretchy materials, I recommend you go over there immediately! It´s fantastic.
I have (for obvious weather related reasons) not been able to use my swimsuit yet, and I don´t feel like modeling it now, maybe you´ll get some action pics of it when the summer comes! 🙂
I am very happy with the shape and fit, and can´t wait for summer, so I can swim in the sea in my new swimsuit.
All right, so this skirt could need a good ironing…
Next up is a modified version of the skirt from Vogue 8604. The original skirt is a pencil skirt, and has darts in the waist, I made mine A-line, with pleats in the waist, and I shortened it quite a lot. This is part of My Grand Plan, I used some cotton twill, bought six months ago. The picture doesn´t show it well, but I´ve crocheted some pink flowers, and stitched them onto the right front of the skirt.
The third item I´ve made, is the Wax Print Skirt, also a part of My Grand Plan. The cotton is a wax print I thrifted back in May or June last year, and the pattern is from the April issue of Burda magazine last year, pattern number 111. It´s very difficult to photograph this skirt, it´s got a huge bow in the front, that makes it quite distinct, but that doesn´t show well on photo. This is a pattern for tall gals. Thanks Burda!
This dress is one I´ve been wanting to sew up for a long while, but just didn´t get around to make until now. Another garment that is difficult to photograph, but I´ll talk you through it. It´s got tucks both on the front and the back of the bodice, bias bound sleeves, neckline and belt, and two big pleats in the front and the back of the skirt. It is quite short, so if I´ll ever make it again, I´ll probably add at least 15 cm. This version is made from a cotton fabric that is quite stiff, but still a bit stretchy, I´m sure this would look lovely in a material with more drape as well. The pattern is from scandinavian magazine Kreative Kvinner, an issue from 2007, I think.
The next two pieces I made so that I could have some comfortable travel wear. Both are made of rayon jersey, and are super comfortable. The green one (Simplicity 3503), I actually made in January, but forgot to post;-). These dresses are great for traveling. They take you through the airport security without a beep, still look more stylish than sweatpants, and are easy to wear while on board the plane for many hours. I have to thank Ali for this idea, as she did something similar last year.
New Look 6000.
This dress is not cut on the bias, it´s just the print that is that way…
All right, folks, that´s all for now! I´ll soon be back with some spring and summer projects.
Thanks for stopping by!