So, I took some time yesterday and finished Ceylon. It was so much fun sewing this! I love how everything just came together with this one, the instructions were easy to follow, and even though there are quite a bit of parts and pieces and details with this, I never felt lost thanks to the great instructions. Yey Colette!
Initially, I planned on making black fabric buttons, but when I came over these babies in my mothers stash, I new they were the perfect match for Ceylon. Not too small, not too big, and with just the right look!
If (or more likely when) I´m making this again, I will add some centimeters to the length and maybe adjust the bust size up a bit. Other than that, the pattern came along nicely.
I must give a shout out to Zoe´s article on piping on the Colette blog. It was the inspiration for the piping on this dress. Thanks! I made the piping myself out of some black bias tape and cord. I just placed the cord in the middle of the bias tape, pinned it there and stitched it up using a zipper foot on my sewing machine. I got this advise from the sales woman at my local fabric store, as they didn’t have (!) black piping.
I used thrifted peachy- colored light cotton fabric for the dress. Ceylon was originally not a part of my SESA wardrobe, but I think I´ll just add it to the summer dress department of the sew-along. All I need now is an invitation to a tea party so I can sip some Ceylon tea in my Ceylon dress…