I´ve been away on a work trip for the weekend, had to work the whole weekend through, but now things are back to normal. As I went abroad for this trip, I didn´t have the chance to check my e-mail, and when I came back I noticed that Ali, the woman behind the SESA had tagged me in a game of eight questions, fun!
So here it goes:
1. What song never fails to move you?
As I am a musicologist and vocal coach music plays such a big role in my life that just to mention one is impossible. So I allow myself some songs from different genres;
- Ex- Factor – Lauryn Hill (come back to us, Lauryn!)
- The Thrill is Gone – Chet Baker
- Brick – Ben Folds Five
- Neither One of Us – Gladys Knight and the Pips
2. What’s your sewing threshold? As in, what will you let go, what must you absolutely fix?
Hmm…this has changed a lot over the years. I think I let go of more things that I notice but probably no-one else will now, than I did before, but I have become more fuzzy about being thorough with the cutting and sizing now than before. It just makes such a big difference.
3. What’s your “desert island” book/movie and why could you read/watch it over and over?
Something by the great Norwegian writer Jan Kjærstad. My favourite is the book Signs of Love, but it is quite short, and I love his Trilogy about Jonas Wergeland, The Seducer, The Conqueror, The Discoverer so I´d probably go for that instead because of volume…
4. What garment/accessory do you wear the most?
Earrings, if we don´t count “loungewear”, tihi.
5. What wouldn’t you be caught dead in?
Leggings, believe it or not.
6. Your motto/mantra?
“A woman who can sing is never irretrievably lost, she can open her mouth and let her spirit free”- Salman Rushdie
7. A designer you consistently like and why?
Oscar de la Renta. Always classic, never disappoints.
8. Something about you we wouldn’t expect from reading your blog?
I love to watch football (soccer), and follow the World Cup with great excitement (and with some needlework in my hands). My favorite team is Italy. Forza Italia! 🙂
Sooo, I need to tag some people, but as there are a lot of terrific sewing enthusiasts that don t really have a blog, I am giving this round of questions to them! I am converting it into a discussion at the SESA Flickr- group.
1. From a sewers/crafters point of view, where in the world would you like to travel?
2. What is your secret superhero talent?
3. How many pairs of shoes do you own – and how many of them do you use on a regular basis?
4. If you´d have to only wear three colors, (one at a time, all three together or two and two) which would they be?
5. What´s your favorite (musical) instrument?
6. What inspires you the most – in sewing or life in general?
7. Which vehicle/way of transportation do you prefer when traveling?
8. What´s your favorite notion?